All nutritional experts agree with these lists of foods and they also agree that 95% of cancers are reversible and preventable, a large part being due to our modern consumption of foods that are both toxic and deficient in the vitamins and minerals we need to live healthy lives. The thing is, is that there is a lot of confusion out there due to information overload and a medical system that seems to be mostly ignorant on what constitutes a healthy balanced diet!
The prevalence of diseases such as Type 2 Diabetes, High Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure and Heart Disease, Depression, Cancer, Kidney Disease, Liver Disorders and Asthma are in reality just symptoms of our bodies adapting to the toxicity and deficiencies in our food. We really are poisoning ourselves and this is the root cause of these diseases and other diseases such as cardiac arrhythmias. So let’s keep it simple…
- Acid foods are such as meat and other animal products as well as soft drinks/sodas and although the body can take a very small amount of these foods their consumption should be very limited. Alkaline foods such as fruits and vegetables and contain by far the larger amount of the nutrients the body needs but be aware of how they are produced. So best to buy organic but the only way we can be certain of them containing what our bodies need to to produce them ourselves…obviously not practical for most of us.
- Our diet should contain mostly vegetables, a limited number of fruits and a lot variety of vegetables (including seeds) and we should drink mostly water.
- 90% of the population in some countries buy processed foods which are very enzyme deficient and highly addictive. The body needs the natural enzymes but the enzymes in manufactured foods have been dramatically decreased to add to their shelf life. There is also a lot more added chemicals in the processed foods of today than there was 30 years ago. Foods such as soy oil was originally developed as an industrial lubricant, so keep away from it!
- The Genetically Modified foods such as corn, soy, canola and cottonseed oils contain different proteins that cause inflammation in the gut and are banned by at least 27 countries because of their toxicity to our bodies so keep away from them! A great rule of thumb is that animals don’t eat them so neither should we! And this goes for other foods in your pantry that ants don’t touch…these foods cause infertility, compromise our immune systems as well as causing accelerated aging.
- Check the Omega 3 / Omega 6 Ratio in foods that you purchase from your supermarket because foods that have a ratio of 3/1 or 4/1 ratio of Omega 6 / Omega 3 are healthy but some foods contain up to 77/1 which causes inflammation in the gut. Disease starts when the ratio is 8/1!
- The chemical preservatives in manufactured food cause heart disease, cancer, autoimmune diseases, asthma and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Be aware of the mercury levels in some fish if you want plenty of Omega 3. Other Omega 3 rich foods are hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia, walnuts, extra virgin olive oil, avocados, green leafy vegetables and marine algae.
Our bodies are always replacing themselves and if you consume foods that cause more break down than build up you will cause more disease. GMOs change the bacteria make up within our gut and diseases such as ‘leak gut’ happen when larger proteins blow holes in the top part of our gut. Many medications cause problems in our gut, particularly anti inflammatory drugs and antidepressants.
Take home message…if man makes it, don’t eat it!
Educate yourself as to what exactly you are eating but true knowledge is living it.